London Centre for NTD Research to host 9th anniversary event at the Royal Veterinary College
On 31st March 2022, the London Centre for NTD Research will host an event at the Royal Veterinary College to commemorate its 9th anniversary.
This networking event will feature a series of presentations and discussions that shine a spotlight on the pivotal role that LCNTDR research plays in shaping new approaches and frameworks to controlling and eliminating NTDs. The event will feature research presentations on a range of NTDs including schistosomiasis, soil-transmitted helminths, cutaneous leishmaniasis, rabies and trachoma.
The event will recognise the significant contributions of Professor Sir Roy Anderson, who is stepping down as Director – a role he has held since the Centre was established in 2013. Concurrently we will welcome Professor Joanne Webster as the new Director of the London Centre for NTD Research.
Venue: Royal Veterinary College, Camden Campus
Time: 17:00 – 20:15
The event will include presentations from:
- Professor Sir Roy Anderson, Director, London Centre for NTD Research and ICL
- Professor Joanne Webster, incoming Director LCNTDR and RVC
- Dr Deirdre Hollingsworth, Senior Group Leader, NTD Modelling Consortium, Oxford University
- Professor Stuart Reid, Principle, Royal Veterinary College
- A selection of researchers from LCNTDR member institutions who will present some of their ongoing NTD research