The London Centre for Neglected Tropical Disease Research is welcoming new members from institutions in London and in countries where NTDs are endemic.
If your institution works in NTD research and is committed to supporting the prevention, control, elimination or eradication of NTDs, please contact the Centre Manager, Kathryn Forbes at k [dot] forbes [at] imperial [dot] ac [dot] uk.
Please don’t be deterred if the body of NTD researchers in your institution is relatively small, NTDs do not need to be the sole focus of your institution.
Membership benefits include:
- Access to a community of world-leading researchers in NTDs;
- Exclusive invitations to present research at LCNTDR events and broader sector wide events as part of LCNTDR organised sessions. For example, annual meetings of the Coalition for Operational Research on NTDs and the NTD NGO Network;
- Support the dissemination of research within the LCNTDR membership via the Centre’s social media platforms, external newsletters, website and more;
- Access to LCNTDR’s NTD researcher database and publications database, where individual researchers at member institutions and their work are profiled, providing a tool for NTD researchers to identify others working in their field and to foster collaboration;
- Regular updates and opportunities on all things NTDs;
- Access to apply for LCNTDR travel grants of up to £1000 for early career researchers;
- Opportunity to foster talent and engage with students in LCNTDR’s new Student Ambassadors Programme;
- Access to a network of mentors for students and early career researchers in NTDs.
The expansion of the Centre will amplify the impact of its members, encourage early career researchers into the field, allow for more collaboration internationally, encourage capacity building, facilitate sharing of best practices and allow for greater connection between researchers