Diagnostics for NTDs: the current landscape, emerging research and real world successes and challenges
On 15 June 2023, the Royal Society of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, in collaboration with the London Centre for NTD Research, will host a research webinar to highlight the current landscape for NTD diagnostics, present emerging research, and discuss the gaps and challenges experienced across national NTD programmes.
The development of new diagnostics is a key component of the World Health Organization (WHO) road map for NTDs. This includes the development of more sensitive and specific diagnostic tools where prevalence and infection intensity is decreasing, multiplex diagnostic tools which support NTD integration, as well as the development of tools that can be used in the most remote and hard to reach settings to ensure NTD programs are delivered equitably.
The webinar will feature five presentations from leading experts at LCNTDR member institutions and their partners, followed by a 30 minute Q&A. The outputs of the meeting and participant feedback will inform the development of future research webinars held by LCNTDR and RSTMH.
• Professor Joanne Webster (Welcome remarks), FMedSci, London Centre for NTD Research
• Professor Peter Chiodini (Moderator), London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
• Dr Tapan Bhattacharyya, London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
• Dr Bruno Levecke, University of Ghent
• Professor Sitara Ajjampur, Christian Medical College Vellore
• Dr Beatriz Calvo, Royal Veterinary College