LCNTDR Research Afternoon - Trachoma Special, 5th Sept 2019
5th September, 14:00- 19:00
London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
Join leading researchers, donors, policy makers and NGO implementors to discuss cutting-edge thinking around approaches and policies to eliminate trachoma. The meeting will bring together stakeholders to increase awareness of the evidence base and debate research priorities.
Dr Anthony Solomon, (Medical Officer, World Health Organization & Honorary Senior Lecturer, LSHTM)
- Modelling to understand global projections and challenges to achieving GET2020.
- Understanding the unusual profile of trachoma in the Pacific.
- Understanding the dynamics of transmission (Stronger SAFE).
- Developing a safe and efficacious vaccine for trachoma.
- Tropical Data: Better data for better outcomes.
- Key challenges to achieving GET2020.
- Operationalising research findings and filling research gaps.
Meeting to be followed by a networking drinks reception.
This meeting is a collaboration of LCNTDR and the International Coalition for Trachoma Control