APPG on Integrating Malaria and Neglected Tropical Diseases: 11 June
Date - Tuesday 11th June
Time - 17:30 - 19:30
Location - CPA Room, Palace of Westminster, House of Commons
RSVP to APPG coordinator - vecchion [at] parliament [dot] uk
The APPG Malaria and NTDs group are holding a joint meeting with the British Society for Parasitology to discuss a wide spectrum of research approaches that are integrating malaria and NTDs control efforts.
Entitled 'From Intervention to Surveillance' the meeting features presentations and a panel discussion with:
- Prof Maria-Gloria Basáñez (Imperial College London, President of the BSP): Introduction to the meeting
- Dr Rachel Pullan (London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine) – Mapping lymphatic filariasis and bednet distribution in Africa.
- Dr Martha Betson (University of Surrey) – Potential interactions between treatments for malaria and schistosomiasis.
- Dr James La Course (Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine) – Towards enhancing co-surveillance of malaria and NTDs with non-invasive sampling
- Dr Menno Smit (Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine) – Ivermectin treatment for malaria control