Dr Colin Sutherland
Reader in Parasitology, Clinical Scientist
colin.sutherland [at] lshtm.ac.uk
Colin's research falls into 3 main areas: Plasmodium falciparum gametocyte biology, malaria drug resistance and molecular diagnostics for malaria infections. The following projects are currently active in the lab:
- Drug resistant genotypes associated with reduced susceptibility of African P. falciparum
- New molecular tools for diagnosis of parasitic infections
- Population biology of P. ovale curtisi and P. ovale wallikeri .
- In vitro drug responses of parasites isolated from malaria patients treated at the Hospital for Tropical Diseases (HTD), London.
- In vitro drug suscetibility of P. knowlesi
- EDCTP-funded studies of ACT therapy for children with malaria in West Africa
- ACCESS-SMC - monitoring and evaluation of parasite drug resistance