APPG on Malaria and NTDS 6th Feb 2018 - Agenda announced
All Party Parliamentary Group on Malaria and NTDS - Translating NTD Research into Policy
Committee Room 10, Houses of Parliament
6pm - 8pm, Tuesday 6th February 2018
A special joint event between the APPMG and LCNTDR to mark the anniversary of the London Declaration on NTDs.
The meeting will bring together parliamentarians, members of the House of Lords, researchers, donors and NTD stakeholders to discuss how research is strengthening the evidence base and helping policy makers make informed decisions.
- Professor Sir Roy Anderson, Director LCNTDR –
Policy shifts from controlling morbidity caused by NTDs to interrupting transmission by mass drug administration
- Dr Hugo Turner, Head of Health Economics, Oxford University Clinical Research Unit in Vietnam -
Economic evaluations of mass drug administration
- Dr Jennifer Palmer, Deputy Director of the Health Humanitarian Crises Centre, LSHTM -
Leaving no one behind in sleeping sickness elimination: Opportunities and gaps within Uganda’s integrated refugee policy”
- Dr Catherine Halliday, Assistant Professor, LSHTM -
Moving beyond school-based deworming: impact and implications of expanding treatment to communities in Kenya
- Dr Timothy Littlewood, Head of the Life Sciences Department, Natural History Museum -
Breaking transmission of STH – the future of deworming
- Professor Joanne Webster, Professor of Parasitic Diseases, Royal Veterinary College –
Zoonotic schistosomiasis in Africa: the need for a One Health approach to schistosomiasis research and control in people and their livestock
- Dr Mark Bradley, Director NTD, Global Health Programs GSK –
Supply chain innovations: Improving the supply and coordination of donated products for NTD.
To attend please send your RSVP to aparna [dot] barua [at] parliament [dot] uk
There is a limited capacity for this event. Places are assigned on a first come first serve basis.